Tracy Hurley Memorial
· SHORT STORY contest open to all students grades 6-12th in Mobile and Baldwin counties.
· Entries must be between 500-2500 words, and will be rated based on plot structure, grammar/spelling, and originality.
· No foul language, adult content, or unnecessary violence permitted.
· Include your name, grade, school/homeschool covering, and story in the body of an e-mail (paste your story in the e-mail below your information), mark “WRITING CONTEST” in the subject line, and send to email@example.com. Deadline for entries is midnight, on Sunday, February 22, 2015.
· Failure to follow all directions will result in disqualification.
· Finalist will be notified via e-mail, and winners will be awarded their prizes as part of the Metro Mobile Reading Council’s Teen Writing Fair on Saturday, March 14, 2015 at 1:30pm in the meeting room of the West Regional Library.
· Two categories for judging: Middle School (6-8th grades) and High School (9-12th grades), with first, second, and third place winners in both categories.
· Prizes include cash ($25 first place, $15 second place, and $10 third place), a professional critique of the short story, on-line publication for winners in both categories (with parental permission), and other assorted goodies.
Brought to you by: